- Never run your handpiece without a bur in it
- Never sterilize your handpiece with a bur in it
- Never exceed 135 deg C when sterilizing your handpiece
- Excessive air pressure can reduce the performance of your handpiece and could cause damage to your turbines bearings
- Never run your handpieces under cold water to cool them off as this is bad for turbine components
- Only use handpieces when they are at room temperature
- Use a cotton swab and Isopropyl alcohol to clean your fibre optic surfaces at both ends
- On lube free and maintenance free turbines only the bearings are maintenance free, the other turbine components still need to be maintained and lubricated
- Never use disinfectants to wipe down or clean your handpieces, only use a 2X2 gauze or a toothbrush with warm water, never submerse your handpiece in water
- Ensure your handpieces are dry before sterilization
- Water should be drained from your clinics air compressor daily in order to prevent water accumulation and to always provide the handpiece with clean dry air
- Dents from dropping handpieces are the #1 cause for replacing parts
- Never exceed 40 PSI as excessive air pressure can lead to premature bearing and turbine wear, more PSI does not equate to more torque
- Use 2 separate cans of lubricant for before and after sterilization use to prevent cross contamination.
- Avoid contacting cotton rolls with your bur as this will cause damage to your turbine.
See what clients are saying about us
Not only does Militech provide quick and reliable repairs, but they also have great customer service. I’ve received handpieces hand delivered and ready to go by the head technicianDr Frank Lee
At Militech, I receive top level dental handpiece repair and maintenance with turnaround times and value that is quickly setting a new standard in the Ottawa region.Dr John Hill
Militech’s service is above and beyond: they are quick to pick up and deliver handpieces that work perfectly.
After sending several hand pieces to Chuck at MILITECH for maintenance and repair, I can’t see why I would ever “ship them off” anywhere else for service again. Chuck has provided me personalized service with SAME DAY RETURN at very competitive prices. My practice doesn’t have to miss a beat. Thanks Chuck for the great care.Dr Shadi Shadid
Chuck at Militech provides quick, reliable service and will hand deliver any handpieces that are needed in a hurry. The convenience of having the repair being done locally is also appreciated.Dr Grace Lee